Corby's Orbit

Corby's Orbit
Listening in All the High Places illustration by John Kricfalusi

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy NEW YEAR~Happy New Earth~Happy New Energy~Happy Newcastle~Happy New Loudness~Happy New Tranquility~Happy New Horizons

                    Illustration By Franchesco, used with presumed tolerance on the part of the Artist
                                                                    http://franchesco.deviantart.com/

During my holiday hibernation from all bloggishness and showcasting, I have been listening to new things, yes, of course. I have also been reviewing and rediscovering the choices I made for Best Albums of 2013. ( http://djpaulcorby.blogspot.ca/2013/12/my-50-most-adored-and-played-albums-of.html )Yes, more than just records, creations equivalent to a gallery show or a monograph by a community of consistently progressing craftspersons. With the producer as curator, microphones as media and purchases as personal advance commissions for future work.

I have my own prejudices and prerequisites, and the limitations of time and temper in listening to as much as I can. My body likes music as much as my mind does, and sometimes even more, but my heart trumps both the beauty and the beast in me.

There is no reason that Colin Stetson, Mark Berube, Haram or Corin Raymond didn't make the cut, except that I stopped at 50 worthy titles. I left out Lorde and Drake and those who have had a good hearing elsewhere. Do check out their recent work, and take chances whenever possible to listen forward to places your body and mind may not yet have reached. The heart will lead you. I hope you will continue with my program and try to hear the wonder jumps that ravish my listening lifebeats. To each...

Corby's Orbit will return to Radio Regent for my first show of the new year next Friday, the tenth of January. Until then, LISTEN UP! 


No comments:

Post a Comment