Commissioner of Selection: Paul Corby
( Brought To You by Atlas Compatibility, Frontal Globes and Planetaristic Characteristics)
Guests : Ryan O'Shaughnessy, John Antoniuk, and Deon, Jia, Mindy, Jovin & Stasha of DEON
5-7 p.m. Fridays online http://www.radioregent.com/ and at tunein.com .
Canadians in Asterisk’d RED.
5:00 Gaelic Wings
Ryan O'Shaughnessy ~ Interview / Before The Sunset (live) / Just Down The Road (live) CMW
Acrobat ~ The Missing ~ Music From Ireland 2015 CMW
* Tara Holloway ~ This Life ~ Little Ghosts NEW DISK
* David Celia ~ Look Of Approval ~ Double Mind NEW DISK @ The Cameron House Fridays 6 p.m.
Moby Grape ~ Bitter Wind ~ WOW (1968)
* Kevin Breit feat. Rebecca Jenkins ~ Alberta Hunter ~ Ernesto & Delilah NEW DISK
* Elephant Stone ~ Hold Onto Your Soul @ Hard Luck Bar tonight CMW
* Jen & John ~ Lost ~ Interview with John Antoniuk / Save A Little For Me (live) / I'm A Big Beautiful Butterfly (live) @ The Cameron House Tuesdays in May @ 8 p.m.
* Brian Blain ~ Don't Forget Your Mother 1973 (exclusive track) ~ Annual Motherless Day Show at The Blackbird Bistro 993 Bloor St. W., Saturday 8 p.m.*
Ursula Rucker ~ Womansong ~ Supa Sista
* Austra ~ We Become ~ Olympia ~ Blocks Recordaing Final Concert @ The Tranzac Saturday
B. B. King ~ Standing On The Edge ~ King Of The Blues 1989
6:20 Luridly Worldly
* Karyn Ellis ~ You'll Do Anything ~ @ The Tranzac Sunday 5:00
Oumou Sangare ~ Ne Bi Fe ~ Oumou
6:30 Singapore Swings
Deon ~ Wolves ~ Antiphobic / Interview / Time Is The Only Constant (live) / Oceans (live) @ The Rivoli Sunday 10 May
* Drumhand ~ Five Paces East ~ Contretemps @ Northern Lights Festival July 3-5
Toronto Music Listings
*"Don't Forget Your Mother" recorded back in 1973 in Montreal with quite a cast of characters including members of Frank Zappa’s Mothers, Tom “Bones” Malone (David Letterman Show Band, Blues Brothers) and legendary drummer Jim Gordon, who had just finished touring and recording with Derek and The Dominoes (Eric Clapton). He is best known for writing (and playing) the piano part in “Layla” but later killed his mother in a psychotic episode. He remains to this day incarcerated in an institution for the criminally insane. The session was produced by André Perry and Frazier Mohawk, engineered by Nick Blagona wth Musical Director, John Lissauer. Over-the-top production with a string section from the Montreal Symphony, a boys choir from an exclusive private school and vocalist extraordinaire, Beverly Glenn Copeland. It was recorded for Good Noise/Polydor Records but never released (the B-side, “Story of the Magic Pick” was released in 1974)
Post a Comment