Corby's Orbit

Corby's Orbit
Listening in All the High Places illustration by John Kricfalusi

Friday, April 9, 2010

Punk King Gone To The Butterflies



Madame Butterfly by Malcolm McLaren
nostalgia:
“Our culture has become something that is completely and utterly in love with its parent. It's become a notion of boredom that is bought and sold, where nothing will happen except that people will become more and more terrified of tomorrow, because the new continues to look old, and the old will always look cute.”
On Rock ‘n’ Roll:
“Rock ‘n’ Roll doesn't necessarily mean a band. It doesn't mean a singer, and it doesn't mean a lyric, really. It's that question of trying to be immortal.”
“I was searching for a way to break the rules, change life – and I was looking to turn art into action.

"I think all great artists are separated from ordinary artists by one thing: they are magicians.”
On his grandmother:
“She told me that bad was good. She was vicious in her determination that I always challenged authority. She was demonic. She wanted me to rebel because she had been forced to conform. I am carrying on her fight.”

No comments:

Post a Comment