Corby's Orbit

Corby's Orbit
Listening in All the High Places illustration by John Kricfalusi

Friday, January 27, 2012

Wraparound Orbit



Due to circumferences beyond my control. I played two shows today: one in my FORMER time  slot of 11-2, and another in my NEW time slot of 5-7 p.m. in an epic day of radio at Radio Regent. The earlier show featured Gregg Lawless. Much featured of late on my show, he was my live guest at noon, showing off a few tunes as preamble to his Tenth Anniversary Concert Party at Hugh's Room this Saturday.


Host Paul Corby ( brought to you by Sousaphonic Triumphalism, Omphalic Meniscus and The Now-where? Angels )
5-7 p.m. online and at tunein.ca . Canadians in Asterisk’d RED.

5:00   Higher Heights
Mikey Spice – Hold On
The Techniques – I Wish It Would Rain - R.I.P. Winston Riley ( 1943 -2012 )
Dave & Ansel Collins – Double Barrel
*Friendlyness & Tréson – Peace @ Tropical Palace Saturday

5:15  Vertical Destinations
Mavis Staples – City In The Sky @ Koerner Hall  Sunday  
Michael Pickett – Big Train – Conversation With The Blues
The Grateful Dead – Beat It On Down The Line - Represented
                           by Mars Hotel @ Sick Kids’ benefit - Lee’s Palace Saturday

5:25   Rapid Transit Gloria
*Jaron Freeman-Fox – The Off Set   @ The Magpie Tonight
Kinobe – The Caribbean - @ Lula Lounge Sunday
John Legend – Love I’ve Never Known – Red Hot + Rio 2
Dzihan & Kamien Orchestra – Ford Transit – (Howie B. Remix)
Billie Holiday – Spreadin’ Rhythms Around – (Lady Bug vs. Lady Day Remix) tribute @ Lula tonight
                                                                              & @ Glenn Gould Studio 3 March
Springheel Jack – Suspensions -  68 Million Shades
Common    feat. John Legend  - The Believer – The Dreamer / The Believer

5:45    Melding Your Hearts
*Jennifer Castle – Powers   @ The Garrison tonight
* Rae Spoon – I Can’t Keep All Of Our Secrets - @ The Gladstone tonight
* Bella Clave – So Simple  @ The Bovine Saturday

6:00  Toronto Listings and Listenings
Thelonius Monk – I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart – Plays Ellington

6:10  Collateral Jammage
*Camp Radio – I’ve Got You Up My Sleeve  @ The Horseshoe  Tuesday, 31 January
Small Faces – You , Me & Us
Billie The Vision & The Dancers – Come On Baby
Indoor Games – King Crimson – Lizard

6:30 Diversionary Tactical Propositions
Joe Louis Walker – Ride All Night – Hellfire
*The Heavyweights Brass Band  feat. Saidah Baba Talibah  Rock Me @ Hugh’s Room Tonight
The Boxcar Boys - Jägerbomb Blues @ The Local - Tuesday, 31 January

6:45 Guitar Wank
Harvey Mandel – Baby Batter
Jimi Hendrix – Remember
Joe Henry feat. Page Hamilton – Parade - Trampoline - @ Hugh’s Room , Monday, 30 January


Stay attentive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment