Corby's Orbit

Corby's Orbit
Listening in All the High Places illustration by John Kricfalusi

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Corby's Obits 2012


For those who are no longer with us ( in body )

Levon Helm - "Well that just made my heart throb to the bottom of my feet."

Etta James - "My heart was wrapped up in clover."

Earl Scruggs “If you don’t let things develop, it’s like keeping something in a bag and not letting it out to fly”

Arthel Lane "Doc" Watson “Doc takes in the larger universe and makes it come out on the guitar.”  Bill Frisell

Raylene Rankin  "We rise again in the faces of our children"

Bob Babbitt (Robert Kreinar) "He'll play one note and eveything will be fine for 5 minutes"

Donald 'Duck' Dunn "We had a band powerful enough to turn goat piss into gasoline."

Dave Brubeck   "I want to be bombastic: take it or leave it."

Ravi Shankar "Sound is God."

Jerry Leiber   "We weren't white then."

Hal David - "Or are we meant to be kind?"

Robert B.Sherman - "We love to laugh... loud and long and clear"

Billy Bryans Canadian drums at their best are always militant.

Whitney Houston "All at once, I'm drifting on a lonely sea, holding onto memories"

Donna Summer - "This state of independence shall be ... the sound of higher love today."

Ray Collins - "Please hear my plea. God only knows what your loving does to me."

Sam Rivers " It seems like the music that musicians have the hardest problem getting recorded is the music that (eventually) withstands the ravages of time."

Robin Gibb - "Don't go talking too loud you'll cause a landslide, Mr. Jones."

David S. Ware "He insisted that his music not be mistaken for aggression or pain." Ben Ratliff 

Joe South "God grant me the serenity To remember who I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment