Corby's Orbit

Corby's Orbit
Listening in All the High Places illustration by John Kricfalusi

Thursday, July 30, 2015

King's Highway. New from The Memberz ~ Reggae Toronto Evolution Continues.

Vibulous new track with Mavriq's lyrics galore. 
A spatial delivery from The Memberz 
~ first single released yesterday ~ 
King's Highway 
~ Neo Roots gone 'pon the attack.


Kings Highway ~ lyrics by Mavriq Be strong - you got to be strong ~ Got King's work in Armageddeon Chorus – Said I was riding on the King's Highway I said I moved to the Midnight train, because freedom was calling, yes she was calling. Verse 1 – The whole thing go down inna the street, down in a di club pure vibes a gwaan and tune a beat. The band na hold a meds tru the vibes a gwaan sweet, the bar a gwaan well juice a drink and food a eat. Woman a grin off dem teeth and man a skank to the beat, all of a sudden the place was tense under heat. When I took a look, police a fly down the street, when mi took a look ratty a fly down the street. Chorus – Said I was riding on the Kings Highway, and then moved to the Mid night train, because freedom was calling, yes she was calling, this morning. Verse 2 – But I guess that’s how the system stays, just give love a chance ghetto youth never stray. What is the wicked man dem promote? Your honor let me tell you how they draped us and punched us in our mouth. In the courthouse I see the heathen dem a gloat, but I can see clearly they are scouts. Asking them, did they find any weed? They said no we smelled the smoke. Alright Mr Wallace you’re a joke. Set the youths free before we sue the court house, set the youths free before the news touches the road. I said you have violated my human rights so many times, now we’re gonna take it to you straight down the line. Bridge – I said I’ve got to live my life, cause I don’t care what the world wanna say, no I don’t care what the world wanna say. I said I’ve got to do what’s right, See I don’t care what the world wanna say, see I don’t care. Chorus – Cause I was riding on the King's Highway, and then moved to the Midnight train, because freedom was calling, yes she was calling Bridge – I said you’ve got to live your life, cause I don’t care what the world wanna say, no I don’t care what the world wanna say. I said you've got to do what’s right, See I don’t care what the world wanna say, I really don’t care. Chorus – Said I was riding on the kings Highway I said I moved to the midnight train, because freedom was calling, yes she was calling

No comments:

Post a Comment